Friday, February 20, 2009

Marxist Medicine

Let people take what shots they will at Obama and his plan to enroll infants into public service and millionaires into substandard state-sponsored healthcare, because I'm gonna say I LOVE NOT PAYING FOR STUFF.

I don't want to hear any hubu jubu about higher taxes or efficiencies inherent to free markets. Look, I am in a town called Vigo. You don't know where it is? Neither do I. Somewhere in Spain. I hit my head REALLY hard on one of Vigo´s particularly hard concrete sidewalks and woke up screaming about how "they" got me while my brother tried unsucessfuly to stuff the blood back into my skull. Eventually a Vigo cop showed up, said "joder" a few times, and found a Vigo paramedic, who also said "joder", wrapped my head in gauze, and drove me to a hospital. At this hospital I waited for 2 hours, surrounded by enough chronically pained old people to make me say "joder" until some doctors violently shaved the back of my head and poured hydrogen peroxide in my eyes. At least, that is what it felt like.

I waited another 2 hours for the results of a blood test, after which I was mugged for my urine, the testing of which required another 2 hours, until finally an extremely cute Vigo doctor told me I was free to go, but to come back to her if I felt nauseous or dizzy. I asked her if lonely counted. She said no. :(

Anyway. This cost me zero dollars. Zero euros. Not a single commie cent. It was beautiful! It almost made me feel bad about cheating on the metro all those times.

2 comments:

ER said...

"Reeding for Pleasure", you nerd.

Socialized medicine is not the answer.

Chris said...

I thought you fell off a chair....