Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blogging Can Be Trying For The Short-Winded

I want to complain about my Chinese teacher. She is like a collection of bad teaching habits.

1) She plays favorites. In this case she has inexplicably chosen Nadege, the French girl who refuses to put her phone on silent though she spends half of class time texting sweet French nothings to her Parisian buddies.

2) The teacher spends a great deal talking about her personal life. I now know that she has two kids, one of whom wants to be a director and one of whom just doesn't know what to do. I know that she likes to root through her neighbors garbage to find out who isn't recycling properly, and reporting said offenders so that they may be fined, heavily. I know that her husband is gone on business trips a lot, which explains her nosiness, I suppose. Finally, I know that she would almost certainly leave her husband for Taiwan's president-elect Ma Yingjiu, who has descended, Obama-like, from the clouds to right Taiwan's wrongs and usher the Taiwanese people into a new era of untold prosperity and happiness.

3. She tests us on things that we never went over in class. Granted, the first test was almost laughably easy, but the proper remedy is not to suddenly test us on things we didn't know we would be tested on and give everyone 80s.

Also, I think she is trying to convert me.

No comments: