Friday, February 1, 2008

Slovenska Baba

I realized how ridiculous scooters are today. I almost severed Kristina's lower right leg this morning in an attempt to save 5 minutes on the commute to school. Instead of getting to school on time, we both missed school because Kristina was essentially an amputee. I was also limping, so crushed under the weight of my own guilt was I.

Unfortunately I still had to go to work, and as I drove the perilous 20 minutes of my daily commute I thought about all the near misses and almost collisions I had while driving in San Diego and Santa Barbara. Then I asked myself why someone as obviously oblivious as myself would strap a bicycle helmet to his head and drive around in South Asia's 5th most crazy traffic at 60 km/h. Then I almost ran into another scooter and started to concentrate on the road again.

No comments: